We are loving our 3 1/2 day weekend! Jason and I only worked from 8-12 on Friday, but childcare is open all day and Lily was sleeping anyway, sooo.... we snuck out to see X-Men! Going to a movie together is such a treat these days!
On Saturday, we headed to Mt. Vernon to visit our friends Geoff, Kim, and Baby W. They took us to their favorite pool. It's a private, saltwater, WARM pool at this crazy big house. It's indoor but has these great big windows to a beautiful view (and they also let in great natural light! hello pool pictures!!).
After swimming, Lily loves to take a "warm up shower." This one had a shower poolside! Lily was in heaven!

After the pool, we headed back to Geoff and Kim's the enjoy their backyard, BBQ, firepit, and new swing set! The sun even surprised us with a visit! Conveniently, it's also the perfect time to practice the backlighting class I've been taking. :)
Tobee is almost the size of Lily, and she was pretty pissed the first time he snagged a chip right out of her hand. After she recovered, she realized that feeding Tobee was a pretty fun activity...chip after chip after chip....
Baby W is 1 now and will soon be running around with Lily!! Right now he's content to just stay put on a blanket in the grass. Between that and Lily loving sitting on the swing FOREVER, they were both contained and we could enjoy some lovely adult conversation!
Here's a video of Geoff playing guitar around the campfire, and Lily screeching with delight on their swing.
We love having an extra day off! This morning Lily woke up at 5:15 asking for food, and when I woke up I found the two of them like this:
We also celebrated Papa's birthday! I failed to take any pictures, except this one of Cooper devouring Uncle Jason's ribs. Delish! Happy Birthday, Dad!



















No comments:
Post a Comment