Everyone is happy here, because Lily is feeling so much better!
It's a good thing, because we have been very busy! Friday was a big day. I took Lily to meet my class! We have some really cute pictures, but I just realized I can't post pictures of my students...dang! These first graders have been anxiously awaiting a visit from Baby Lily, pretty much since they learned about her existence back in October! It's funny to think that Lily has been listening to their sweet voices for such a long time, and now finally got to meet them. The kiddos had lots of questions. One asked me why I had to stay home with Lily even though she is finally born...poor little monkeys! Good thing I know they are in great hands. I also learned about pets, vacations, video games, etc, that have happened while I've been gone.
Later we went to the school auction. Lily charmed the entire room. She is quite the trophy baby! She even got to meet local celebrity, John Curley, who was our auctioneer. Of course we picked out one of her cutest outfits...Value Village's finest (thanks Auntie Rachel and Bebe!). Only one parent asked me when my baby was due...yikes! We also scored a gift certificate to Waterbabies (swimming lessons for Baby this summer!), punch cards for Stroller Strides (we've already gone twice! tough workout for Mommy and a stroller nap for Lily, right here in the Town Center!), and online photography courses specifically designed for parents (So fun...Dawn and I split a 2-pack so we can learn to a) use our cameras and b) learn to take better portraits of kiddos!). We are set! The auction was a huge success, raising more money than expected, and everyone had a great time.
PEPS is going great! We've had 4 sessions, and our group seems like it's really starting to gel. This week we talked about going back to work (yikes!) and got some good tips. Here is Lily checking out her PEPS friends.
Everybody is getting bigger!
Today Lily and I are sticking around home. Miss Lily has decided she does NOT like her carseat, and Mommy has decided she can't listen to her scream in the car for another second, so we cancelled plans so we could hang out at home. That way Lily can spend more time with her beloved ceiling fan. Seriously, yesterday I picked her up and she started crying...she loves the fan more than me! Just like every other baby that has come to our house...
Lily has recently become interested in her gym and all the fun toys dangling from it. Most of them make fun noises. I'm not sure if she is batting or just flailing, but she is able to get some good tinkles out of the toys and entertain herself for a little bit.
We've been doing a little tummy time...
And working on taking some good naps. This week Lily has started sleeping in lovely 4 hour blocks at night! We learned a new "double swaddle" trick that has been helping a lot of our PEPS friends. Jason is really good at it. First we pin her arms down with one blanket...
And then swaddle her up with another, stretchy blanket. Ta da! More sleep!
April 10th Edit: More picture from the auction, courtesy of Dawn!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment