Sunday, April 29, 2012

12 Weeks and lots of Spring fun!

We have had a busy week this week! On Monday, Lily and I met Alexia and Baby Alexander for a class at this great store in Seattle called Birth and Beyond. We learned all about "Breastfeeding and Back to Work," since Alexia and I are both going back to work next month. We learned a lot of great stuff, and I now feel like pumping at work is something I can actually do. Fingers crossed that my short time back at work (only 5 1/2 weeks!) won't impact my supply for the little one. I've officially set my return date as May 17th...yikes!! This is how we feel about being separated....
(Just kidding. This is our book that we brought to PEPS this week to share! We love this one.)

After our class, Lily and I met up with our friend Sara for a beautiful sunny walk through the arboretum. We stopped for a snack with a view of Husky Stadium under construction! Looks so weird without the South side! This week we also visited the Thomas' (thanks to Lisa for watching Lily so I could go to the dentist!), took Snugglers friends to our favorite library baby storytime, and met PEPS friends for a sunny walk on the Burke Gilman in Lake Forest Park.

 On Saturday we got all decked out for the Husky's Spring Game!





Of course, we started off with some tailgating with friends.

We loved having Papa, Uncle Steve, and Aunt Gail to cheer with us!

 On Saturday night, Jason and I went out to celebrate Carrie's birthday while Lily stayed home with the King family. Our first night out!
 Lily is smiling up a storm these days! We are having so much fun playing and chatting. We are actually starting to have some "conversation" where we take turns squeaking back and forth to each other. It's pretty adorable! She loves to sit up or face out, and she looks all around. She actually seems to be recognizing us (sorry kiddo, you're stuck with us!), which is fun, too.

Look what Lily did today! She's holding a rattle! Well, I put it in hand, but at least this time she didn't let it fall right out, and even shook it a little! What a big, smart, 12-week old girl!!
We are proud of Daddy this week, too! On Tuesday night he spoke on a panel for prospective students at the UW College of Ed open house, and was reported to be one of the best student representatives they've ever had! He's working hard to finish up his UW projects and teach full time. We are looking forward to celebrating his graduation in June!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, go Jason! We are proud of him too! Thanks for keeping us updated, I need to get better with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome update! Sad I missed making it to Spring Game to hang with my favourite Friesens!

    ReplyDelete