Monday, July 2, 2012

June is busy and Lily is, too

We have officially wrapped up the school year! It was a pretty special ending for both Jason and I; Jason accomplishing his student teacher (he kicked butt, got a great letter of recommendation from his principal, and is officially in the hiring pool at Bellevue!), and I finished up my 7th year. This was a pretty fabulous group of kids who I got to spend this special year with. They were with my from when I first announced my pregnancy, brainstormed name ideas and found out we were having a February Sparkle, and right up until my water broke in the school parking lot. I hadn't anticipated how great it would be to share all this with the kiddos, but their belly hugs, baby names, and hilarious questions just made the whole pregnancy experience that much more fun. Remember when Y asked me if I could bring my 1st trimester fetus to school? Or if I could feel the baby, hear the baby cry, or hear what the baby is thinking? I was reminded how concerned they were for the baby and my safety after I told them the doctor said I shouldn't jump (which led the frequent questions like, "Mrs. Friesen, is it ok with your doctor if you do that?"). Last week when the staff at my school surprised the kids with a Year-End Flash Mob (that's right, we're on You Tube!), L said "It's a good thing you aren't pregnant anymore and you can jump again!" 

Meanwhile, we've been busy at home! Lily noticed she has feet! But only when she is in the tub. She loves to kick and splash, and even figured out how to lift the ball with her feet! We've been practicing swimming in the bath, and Lily now floats, kicks, jumps in from the side, and even lets us dunk her underwater!
 Last weekend we went to a barbeque at a friends' house that we met through Snugglers, and lots of our baby friends were there, including 2 couples from our hypnobirthing class! It was fun to see the babies behind the bellies....ha!
 Lily likes her Bumbo, and has started what we can only assume will be a love affair with Sophie the Giraffe. I stayed up way too late the other night surfing Kenley's blog and checking out KK at about the same age sitting in the Bumbo!
 We're really getting our summer reading around here, and even checked out some new board books at the library!



Lily has had a few grumpy days. On Friday night we met Rachel and Michael at Carkeek Park, and Lily had a major meltdown! We think we might be in for some teeth!

"I'm a baby on the edge!"
 We got a fun gift in the mail....a "Lillian" frame that was a gift from the Woodridge staff! We added some scrapbooking papers they had used to decorate at the Woodridge baby shower, and, ta-da!
Lily is working on a lot of new and exciting things. We think we might be teething, because she has been a little irritable, continuously drooly, and chomping on anything she can find! She has just about mastered the y sound, and chatters "ayayayayaaa!' She is constantly doing baby crunches and trying to sit up, and just in the last 2 days has really been trying to turn over from back to tummy. The other day we caught her sitting up...momentarily!
This week will be our first official week of summer vacation, and we can't wait to get started on all our fun plans, and spending lots of time together as our little family.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic flash mob! Way to put those husky band skillz to work! And of course, Lily is adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete