We are finally defrosted! We got a LOT of snow up here! School was delayed on Tuesday and cancelled for the next 3 days, which made for almost a week at home.

We had fun, but I was happy when the sidewalks finally cleared and I could walk without worrying about falling every time I went outside! We couldn't go sledding like Kenley, but we did scope out some great sledding hills for next time! We kept ourselves busy with mountains of baby laundry, puzzles with mom, made 36 burritos for the freezer and 10 jars of jam with mom, and got lots of other things checked off our list. Including sleep. :)

1/15/2012
35 weeks
Baby's 1st Snow Day!
We had fun, but I was happy when the sidewalks finally cleared and I could walk without worrying about falling every time I went outside! We couldn't go sledding like Kenley, but we did scope out some great sledding hills for next time! We kept ourselves busy with mountains of baby laundry, puzzles with mom, made 36 burritos for the freezer and 10 jars of jam with mom, and got lots of other things checked off our list. Including sleep. :)
Things are looking babyish around here! This is a bassinet borrowed from a friend...doesn't it look cute with a snowy background?
We finally ordered bins for the changing table and they are just perfect! I've also re-organized the drawers at least 3 times... Everything is washed and ready!
We moved in the rocker that Dad spruced up for us! He turned a $25 antique store find into just what we needed! Perfect for reading books with baby.
Jason braved the snow to go to TWO Targets to get a stroller we wanted, which we got mostly with gift cards from my students...thank you families! I also had a great shopping date with Mom, Nan, and Kenley. We visited an adorable children's shop in Edmonds, scored a few great items at our local consignment shop, and had a great lunch!
This week we had our 36 week midwife appointment (and we go every week from here on out). She confirmed that baby is still head down (good girl!) and went over our birth plan with us. The midwife checked me and said I am already 80% effaced, 1-2 cm dilated, and she has dropped to -2! She said, "well, you COULD still go to your due date." Yikes! That has definitely gotten us to get our booties in gear. I'm organizing things for my sub at school like crazy, we installed the carseat, and are collecting stuff for the hospital bag! She did say that when labor happens, it will probably be fast. I don't mind if she stays in a little longer. She is comfy, I'm happy, and I'd love to get through the next 3 weeks of school. We'll see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment