Thursday, January 1, 2015

Top Photos of 2014

Last year I blogged my favorite photos of 2013, and even wrote some goals for myself! Check that out!

I had a hard time narrowing it down, but picked these as my favs from 2014, all for different reasons!  I chose mostly from my personal pictures, though I did have a blast photographing many of my friends' families and kiddos this year, too! They uploaded in a random order, so....

August: Loved this camping weekend with friends, and the gorgeous summer views at Mount Rainier. Beautiful day, gorgeous wildflowers, whiny Lily....

August: Lily was SO excited to celebrate her half birthday at Grandma and Grandpa's house! She talked about it for a long time after, and still asks for a cupcake every time we go over there.

April: On the plane, headed for CABO!! We spent a glorious week in Mexico for Spring Break with our besties.

December: Christmas tree farm with friends.

Christmas Eve! Getting ready to put out cookies for Santa!

December: We had a new cousin born this year (in Sept)!

February: Rainy day trip to Bainbridge over mid-winter break. We played at the Children's Museum, had a delicious lunch, and rode the ferry. It was a great day!

February: Lily and I discovered this patch of pretty light while at a friend's house for a playdate!

October: Lily's Rapunzel costume! Lily spent most of this year obsessed with all things Tangled, so, of course, she had to be Rapunzel for Halloween with a big looooong flower braid!

July: We had a fantastic trip to Whitefish this summer, where we got to visit Glacier National Park (above) and celebrate Cooper's 1st birthday! We loved spending time with Aunt Mary, Uncle Ron, and new golden-retriever cousin Teyha!


June: Grandma and Grandpa sold the big Brehm house in Portland this year. We got to have one last big sleepover there in June, where we made sure to enjoy cooking in the kitchen, watching the squirrels, and hanging in Grandpa's garden.

March: We found some sun at the beach at Point Defiance Park, Tacoma. This is even more special because it's the same day we celebrated Grandma Dorothy's 85th birthday!

Cherry Blossoms.

May: I think that was finally the last time Lily wore those awesome boots, and the discovery of a new awesome photo location.

May: Memorial Day weekend in Mt. Vernon with friends at their favorite pool.

October: "The Trees" after visiting the pumpkin patch with friends.

September: So cute on the first day of school!!

June: I was so excited to be a part of photographing this gorgeous mama's story, which ended up being featured on the ClickinMoms blog!

August: Self-portrait I took during my summer class, Introduction to Natural Light.
Check out these goals I wrote for 2014!

- Learn about this post-processing business. Learn Lightroom (I'm signed up for my second CMU workshop "Lightroom Fundamentals" at the end of January!). Maybe start shooting in RAW?  I took Lightroom Fundamentals, shoot in RAW 100% of the time now, and feel pretty comfortable with "clean color edits" in Lr now! 

- Improve my shots "SOOC" (Straight-out-of-camera). I'm hoping to take "Introduction to Natural Light," maybe in the summer (these workshops are pretty intense and require daily shooting...does not mix well with full time work!). Took INL over the summer! I also did a breakout on golden hour and spent a ton of time working on handling that light this summer.

- Document life with Lily - try "a day in the life" series and more "Bring Your Fun!" fun! Maybe try some styled shoots.  Will continue to work on this in 2015! I didn't really try any styled shoots.

- Plan or attend more photo crew outings with my Mom and Pop photo group, Seattle ClickinMoms, and maybe PEPS group? Set specific goals for each outing. Go to ClickinWalk 2014!  Check, check, check! I took my PEPS group out for a photo outing, and connected with my local ClickinMoms group. We had tons of outings this year, mostly at The Spot. We shot our own kids, maternity, and senior subjects together. It's super fun to get together for these "photo playdates" and then post all our pictures at home to see what everyone got! ClickinWalk was postponed to April 2015...can't wait!

- PRINT: Finish my 2013 photo book, begin a 2014 photo book before Dec 29th (oops), order prints, put up prints in our house, figure out a Blurb blog book to print my blog  2013 is printed! 2014 is halfway done (as of today!), I did order prints and post some work around the house. I didn't figure out the blog book though, oops.


For 2015, I'm not as clear on the direction I want to go next, now that I've covered most of the basics. I guess that should be part of my goals: Figure out where to go next! I want to...

- Bond with my NEW CAMERA! (My new baby, a d7000!)

- Take two ClickinMoms workshops, maybe one shooting (Capturing Joy?) and one processing (Communicating with Color and Light?)

- Nail white balance, build consistency, clarify "my style"

- Capture Lily's everyday

- Keep meeting up with friends for photo playdates, attend ClickinWalk 2015!

- Finish and print 2014 book, start 2015 book over the summer or sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment