Sunday, May 20, 2012

Last Week to Play and Back to Work

Lily and I made the most of our last few days of maternity leave! On Monday we went to Karen and Elise's house in Woodinville for some baby playtime, walks for mommies, and a picnic in the backyard. It was a HOT day! I've so appreciated getting to know these mommies, who are a blend of PEPS, Hypnobirthing, and Snugglers friends. Since we all gravitated to and frequent the same classes, I feel like we are very much on the same page when it comes to the babies. Plus they are some cool women and adorable babies!
Mommies working hard to climb "Mt. Avondale."
On Tuesday Lily and I had lunch with Auntie Rachel and got to visit her office in Everett! We also spent some quality mommy-baby time at home (sleeping in, playing with toys, napping on the couch) to enjoy our last few minutes of this precious time together before we headed out for PEPS. This is one of our favorite PEPS group photos on Sophia's beautiful handmade quilt. It's Week 10 already! On Friday night we had a fun PEPS event:  Parents' Night Out! We had a great time going out for pizza and wine with all 11 of us, but no babies! We're so happy that our group seems to be meshing really well, and we hope we continue to get together for years to come!
On Wednesday, Lily and I headed to school! Lily was a perfect baby. She smiled and cooed at everyone, then slept so I could assess kids' reading, meet with my sub, and go to team meetings. The kids were so excited to have a tiny visitor, and not just from my class. I wish I could post the photo of my neighbor's entire class all crowded around Lillian!
We were the last photo in a card for my sub, where each of the kids held a photo for "Thank you, You're the best!" I can't post it here, but trust me, it was really cute.
Here is everything ready to go at home! My first two days back at work went very smooth. Lily and the grandparents did great (so they tell me), and I hit the ground running with 20 kiddos happy to have me back. Only 5 weeks to go!
 Tonight we celebrated Libby and Alex's engagement with a family dinner! 
 Congrats adorable couple!
 I have about 9874359 pictures of Jack posing as animals. Here is a selection. He sure is a fun kid to be around these days!




No comments:

Post a Comment