Some rainy fall weather around here has been good for getting stuff done around the house, and has inspired some crafty activity! We girls hit up the fabric store to start some Christmas projects (gifts for actual people who are already out of the womb), and do some preliminary scouting for Baby's room. We haven't found the perfect fabrics, but we were inspired by some ideas. We're hoping to make our own crib skirt, display bookshelf (books must be accessible and appealing to our baby, who is going to come out a reader from all these phonics lessons she hears every day!), and maybe some curtains. We also found a pattern for making our own fabric bins, and we're hoping to make the perfect thing to fit in our changing table cubby holes!
Meanwhile, Jason and I assembled the crib! We were able to sell our guest bed (sorry, guests! We still have a super comfy couch and an air mattress...guests are still welcome!) to an adorable teenager moving out for the first time. I couldn't wait to get all those boxes unpacked and out of the room!
You can see a little peek into her closet here...Rachel brought over boat loads of hand-me-downs, and Jason is already complaining that the baby has more clothes than he does!

We are unbelievable thankful that Rachel won this crib and mattress for us. It is beautiful (we LOVE it against our green wall!), incredibly sturdy, and safe. We love the organic mattress, and I feel very relieved to know that our baby won't be pressing her little face into toxins every night. Thank you Lullaby Organics for these amazing gifts!!
We checked another big thing off our list this week. We finally picked a pediatrician! This seemed like a big project to me, we didn't even know where to start! We went to an open house at a local pediatrician group this week, and LOVED it. They work directly with our hospital, and someone from the group will see us in the hospital after the baby is born. We've selected a primary pediatrician, and will start seeing him after that point. The whole practice seemed warm, welcoming, and knowledgeable. We were ready to sign up right then and there!! It's a relief to have something big like that checked off the list.
The baby has been very active this last week, entertaining me with regularly with her kicks and rolls. Jason gets to feel her, though she is still shy around other people so far. Bebe and Auntie Rachel are patiently waiting to get kicked! This weekend she got really going and I swear I could see my whole belly moving! Since she is probably about 11 inches long and a little over a pound now, she can really swing some weight around. :)
The kids at school continue to be very entertained by the baby, and have hilarious questions. I swear, having an unborn child is the best class pet ever! This week it was "Mrs. F, you ARE getting fat!" They continue to debate names, though they are thinking about crossing "Baby F" off the list. One friend recently said, "Mrs. F, I don't think Baby F is a very good name for the baby. Because, actually, she won't always be a baby, and she might get kinda mad that her name is Baby." The other kids seemed to think that was pretty great logic. I resisted telling them about the Dirty Dancing character. I guess Jason and I should get cracking on deciding what we are going to call this child, but luckily we still have time. For now, February Sparkle will have to do.
Here we are at the game last week with some friends. Instead of playing classical music, this baby is getting smarter to the tune of "Bow Down to Washington." We think it will be very calming to her in her infancy!

No comments:
Post a Comment