On Friday, we had our second midwife appointment. We heard Baby's fast, strong little heartbeat! All our tests were clear, and everybody looks healthy, which was great news! We met a new midwife, who we liked just as much as the first. We feel like we are definitely on the same page as these women. Though she did say I may have to cut back on my kickboxing addiction...luckily pregnancy is temporary! According to my books, the baby is about 2 inches long, about the size of a lime. The baby is starting to look like a baby, move around, and develop reflexes like opening and and closing fingers.
We've been busy over the last 3 weeks. We got to work spreading the word about baby, and have had fun revealing our news to family and close friends. Jason announced the baby to his entire cohort at school! I've been feeling better and have more energy, which is nice. I feel like I can actually get stuff done without having to take a nap! Just in time for things to start ramping up at school. One highlight was last weekend at the Oregon Coast with the Friesen family. Here's a picture from the top of Neahkahnie Mountain, where we hiked with Nan and Ron. We lucked out with beautiful weather and an awesome view!

7/29/11 - 11 Weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment