Things are going along swimmingly here! According to my books, Baby should be about the size of a peach...
or a medium shrimp...
...???

I'm busting out the maternity clothes lately, since the belly doesn't seem to fit in much anymore. Mom and I scored a pair of my favorite jeans at our local consignment store. I've never been so happy to have jeans!!
Meanwhile, outside the womb, we are both up to our eyeballs in school! Jason is deep in finals week, with only this week to go of the quarter! We just got great news that Jason will start his student teaching this month in the same district as me, in the next closest school! It should be a great experience for him, and a carpool buddy for me on some days. I'm trying to get a bunch of district and building projects done...when I'm not napping! Next week I'm leading professional development full time all week. Hopefully Baby will cooperate!
We took a break this weekend to go see our fabulous friends, Geoff and Kim, get married. It was a beautiful sunny wedding with a gorgeous bride and tons of band friends! We all got rooms at the Tulalip Resort where we were spoiled with late night friends, a fabulous shower, and an awesome pool (where we were joined by Rachel, Michael, and Kenley...that family does not pass up a chance to hit up a pool!). Our friend, Susan of Whimsical Photo was the photographer, and was sweet enough to take this shot of us at the wedding.
We also went to a Mariner's game with the fam! Did you know Jason joined the team?
We girls are big fans of the snacks. Kenley ate peanuts, popcorn, and milkshake non-stop before passing out on Rachel's lap!
I've spilled the beans now to my principal. She is super supportive and a great resource since she is in her 3rd pregnancy, and delivering at the same hospital as we are! She gave me all kinds of advice, including how to tell parents (via letter, with no room for input or personal-life digging) and when (she suggested before I start to show....I'll be 16 weeks by the time school starts and not sure that I'm going to be able to hide the belly for long!), as well as great new baby-wearing wraps and childcare options. I met with HR and got the scoop on Maternity Leave...sounds like we will be taking 6 weeks of maternity leave (paid since I can use my sick days) and 6 weeks of FMLA (unpaid, but I keep benefits for all 3 of us!) and then back to school in mid-May to wrap up the year.
We're also starting to think about childcare for the Fall. We'll definitely be applying to the district options (infant care at our local high school, then on campus with me at 1 yr old! I could visit at lunch!). We also toured a fancy local school. We liked that it is close to Bebe and Papa. We learned all about the "curriculum" for the infants (for example, the infants learn one new yoga position each week! And practice their colors! ???), and toured the beautiful building. We really liked the infant teacher, but we're not sure if the school (or the tuition) are for us. We're jealous of Kenley's Berry Patch, and wish we could drive to Ballard to take our baby there, too!
Our next job is to find a pediatrician...any recommendations???



No comments:
Post a Comment