Monday, January 19, 2009

How did we get here?!?!

When I joined the UW Husky Marching Band, Jason was (to me) one of the cute and popular seniors. Since I was just a rookie, he barely noticed that I even existed (though he is jealous that I was a Rose Bowl Rookie...but let's not rub that in!). Though we attended many of the same trips, football games, and parties, our paths didn't really cross until Alumni Band, and especially one Husky Band 75th anniversary night. We even got the same spirit award in Husky Band! We eventually reconnected at a kareoke night on the Ave, when Jason thinks he made his move and I still couldn't believe Jason Friesen was even talking to me!

He took me out for our first date to Blue C Sushi and to a "show" (a techno DJ is considered a show? I can't believe I bought a ticket for that!) at a club downtown. Luckily, Jason impressed me more than the music!

Three weeks after that, I took my first teaching job in Phoenix. Jason drove me and all my stuff down, and after 4 days of driving, riding rollercoasters, visiting family, and moving in 120 degree heat, we had a pretty good idea that we were meant for each other! Luckily, Jason loved visiting Arizona, and I had long breaks from school! A year later, I said goodbye to Arizona, took a job in the Bellevue School District, and moved home.

On May 7th, Jason proposed at our favorite local restaurant on Silver Lake.
Jason and I now live in Mill Creek. I teach first grade, and Jason works for a up-and-coming mortgage company in Bellevue. We still play in the UW Alumni Band and watch tons of football!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! What a good recap! You guys are so cute, I love you both!! I can't wait for the big day :D

    ReplyDelete